The branch of the Historical Museum is located on Metallist Street in one of the most beautiful old buildings in Tula – Belolipetsky mansion.In 1891, Ivan and Alexander Belolipetsky established the Partnership of theTrading House “Brothers Belolipetsky in Tula”, which was engaged in flourproduction, hardware and grocery goods trade. The building housed the office of the Partnership, a store, living quarters, there were also warehouses and a mill on the mansion’s territory. At the turn of the century, after the death of the brothers, Alexander Alexandrovich Belolipetsky became the heir to the firm and the family property. Since 1911, theMerchant Assembly was located in this building, and during the First World Warpart of the house was used as a hospital for wounded soldiers.After the Revolution of 1917, the Belolipetsky mansion changed its purpose severaltimes: it used to be a residential building, and housed state institutions. From 1947to the mid-1980s, the building housed a technical vocational school.